Until Further Notice: (last updated 4-8-20)
BART is running trains every 30 minutes system wide, Mon-Fri from 5am to 9pm. Three line service (transfers required) starts earlier in the evening.
Saturday BART service runs 8am to 9pm.
SFMTA has suspended all Muni light rail (Metro) service.
Buses have replaced the Metro light rail system.
- The following subway stations are CLOSED: West Portal, Forest Hill, Castro, Church and Van Ness
- BART-only sections in Downtown stations are open during regular BART service hours
- Bus shuttles are running on Muni Metro lines. They use the same stop locations as Early Morning Metro Bus Service. Locations are here: Early Morning Metro Bus Service.
- Shuttles run at 10-12 minute frequency on weekdays; at 15-minutes on weekends
- GPS arrival times are available on Nextbus for: JBus, KTBus, LBus, MBus, and NBus (Metro substitution buses)
- Rapid Routes are discontinued — please use local services instead. The 14R and 38R are the only exceptions to this.
Starting Tuesday, April 7: Routes 2 Clement, 3 Jackson, 5 Fulton, 7 Haight, 10 Townsend, 21 Hayes and 31 Balboa will be discontinued.
Starting Wednesday, April 8: MUNI will reduce service to 17 ‘core network’ routes. Frequency will range from 10 to 30 minutes and buses run from approximately 5am to 10pm. Some routes will be modified slightly to extend coverage to more riders. Access the Core Service Map showing frequency and regional transit connections: a larger map of the Core Service area here.
These are the routes running as of 4-8:
T Third St
9 San Bruno
14 Mission and 14R Rapid
25 Treasure Island
33 Geary and 33 Rapid
49 Van Ness/Mission
CALTRAIN has reduced service by 50%. Baby Bullet trains are suspended until further notice.
AC TRANSIT is running Sunday schedules. Rides are fare-free; boarding is through rear doors only.
The Ferries are operating.