Mission Bay News & Updates
Beginning Saturday, June 13, the SFMTA will increase Muni service and frequency, add select routes back into service and extend some current routes:
- N Judah Bus: Will begin using longer 60-foot buses (weekdays)
- 5 Fulton: Full route restored
- 7 Noriega: Service restored as a shortened route between Ortega / 48th and Funston / Irving
- 28 19th Avenue: Service extended north to California / 7th Avenue
- 30 Stockton: Full route restored
- 38 Geary: From 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. the outbound 38 Geary will go to Fort Miley / VA Hospital and end at Geary / 32nd instead of 48th / Point Lobos
- 43 Masonic: Service restored as a shortened route between Masonic / Geary and Munich / Geneva
- Increased frequencies on the L Bus, T Bus and 14R Mission Rapid (weekdays) and L Owl (daily)
Normal MB Shuttle service resumed on Monday, June 1.
- We’ve made a couple of minor modifications to the time schedules on the East and West routes. Please check out the timetables on our website or use the Doublemap real-time app!
- We redesigned our website to make it easier to go directly to certain info such as the timetables; check it out!
- We will continue to have every other row blocked off on the buses to assure riders of 6′ of social distancing; riders are also required to wear masks at all times while on the shuttles
BART has also issued a 15-point plan to help riders feel more confident about riding. Among them:
- Riders are required to wear masks at all times in the stations and on the trains
- BART is misting and wiping down cars with hospital grade disinfectants at the end of every run
- Touchpoints in stations are cleaned multiple times a day; hand sanitizers are also available in all stations in highly visible locations
- Longer trains are running all day long to make sure of social distancing with no more than 30 riders per car
- BART employees have PPE and supplies; testing is also available
- Riders can look at ridership by date and time of day to help make an informed decision about when to travel at: www.bart.gov/covid
- BART is also looking at flexible seating configurations on new trains to maximize space between riders; new cleaning methods and other new protocols
- Personal hand straps will be available for $5 which can be washed and re-used. The hand straps can be purchased at the Lake Merritt Station, by phone (510-464-7136) and soon, online.
BART is operating from 5AM to 9PM on weekdays. Riders must be in the system by 8:45PM to be guaranteed a ride to their destination station.
Effective June 8, 2020:
BART will run trains every 15 minutes from 6am-7:30am between Pleasant Hill and Daly City. For the afternoon commute, they are also adding trains from Daly City to Pleasant Hill from 3:40pm-5:10pm. As outlined in its15 Step Welcome Back Plan, as riders begin to trickle back, BART is committed to adding trains to increase frequency and help maintain social distancing. There is plenty of parking available at Pleasant Hill for those Antioch line riders looking to take advantage of increased service.
Train loading data shows this line and these times as the busiest. These added trains have not yet been loaded into the Trip Planner but will show in real time departures. View a PDF of the Antioch line schedule showing these new trains here.
Adjustments to First Hour of Service
BART will also be running a new schedule with minor adjustments starting Monday, June 8. This new schedule, which is loaded into the Trip Planner, is to make way for the June 13th opening of the Milpitas and Berryessa Stations.
Beginning Monday June 8th, the following schedule changes have been made to the Warm Springs to Daly City (Green) and Warm Springs to Richmond (Orange) lines trains in the first hour of service on weekdays:
- First train to SF restored to Green Line. Departs South Hayward to SF at 4:57 am
- First Orange train to Richmond departs South Hayward at 5:00 am
- Second Orange train to Richmond departs Fremont at 5:03 am
- First Berryessa trains depart at 4:48 am (Green Line to SF/Daly City) and 5:00 am (Orange Line to Richmond)
- Service to Berryessa begins with 5:02 am train from Union City, arriving at 5:26 am
For weekdays, BART’s new schedule has restored a 5:07 am Blue Line train leaving Daly City to Dublin and a 5:10 am Yellow Line train leaving Daly City to Antioch.
Please check with ferry service operators regarding scheduled service during the re-opening of the Bay Area.