Mission Bay Updates
THE HOLIDAYS ARE here!
The holidays are coming! Here is the Mission Bay Shuttle holiday schedule:
We will be closed onThanksgiving and the Day After Thanksgiving.
We will operate a Holiday Schedule (service approximately every half hour from 6:30am to 6:30pm) on Christmas Eve Day.
We will be closed on Christmas Day
We will operate a Holiday Schedule on New Year's Eve Day.
Download our Holiday Schedule here.
Is carpooling an option for you?
If you live in parts of the East Bay, North Bay, Peninsula or South Bay that aren't well-served by BART, Caltrain or other mass transit systems, carpooling may be a good alternative to consider.
A new carpooling app has just launched in San Francisco. It's called Scoop, and for a limited time, you can get $10 in free trips to try it out. Here's how it works:
- You schedule your morning and evening commute separately. Do it once a week or every day – your trip home can be booked as late as 4pm the same day! You schedule around your needs -- if a one-way trip is all you need, that's fine. If you only want to share a ride once or twice a week, that's fine, too. No long-term commitments!
- Choose whether to drive or ride. Either way, it’s door-to-door carpooling between home and the office.
- The app automatically matches you into an efficient and safe carpool with a similar commute
- Payment is handled within the app. If you drive, you are reimbursed for the cost of the commute. If you’re a passenger, it’s guaranteed to be cheaper than driving. Either way, if you’re on a highway or crossing a bridge, you’re in the carpool lane!
· To use the app, download it from the App Store or on Google Play. Or visit: www.takescoop.com
· Download it by November 20 and use the promotional code MISSION10 and get $10 in free credits to try it!
LYFT LINE SERVICE TO MAJOR TRANSIT HUBS
Do you know about Lyft Line? It's the shared ride service for short trips within San Francisco -- to and from major transit hubs -- for a flat fee. The maximum fee is $6, but many rides are less than that. Lyft Line operates more like a carpool, in that there are likely several passengers coming from or going to a particular transit hub. Another good alternative to know about!
To download a copy of the shuttle schedule to Powell BART, click here.
To download a copy of the shuttle schedule going to Caltrain and TransBay, click here.