Mission Bay Updates
Baseball season is here!
The 2015 season has arrived, and with it, come increased vehicular and pedestrian traffic around the ballpark.
Here are a few tips for getting around on days when the Giants are playing at home:
1. Starting in the 7th inning, SFMTA implements several traffic control measures. These closures are in effect for about an hour after the game ends. Vehicular traffic is rerouted to leave Mission Bay going southbound to 16th, Mariposa, or other main arterial streets. Counter-intuitive as it may seem, it is actually FASTER to leave Mission Bay this way than bottling up to go northbound via 3rd St.
- 4th Street is closed in the Northbound direction from Channel Street (including the 4th St. Bridge) to King
- Terry Francois Blvd is closed to Northbound traffic at Channel Street. This closure begins 3 hours before game time.
- Channel St is closed to Northbound traffic between Terry Francois and Fourth St
- Mission Rock Street is closed between Terry Francois and Third
- King St is closed in the Eastbound direction between 2nd and 3rd Streets
2. Day games usually begin at 1:05pm and end between 4 and 4:30pm. We encourage you to leave early if at all possible, as buses generally start to run behind schedule by 4:30 or 4:45pm, and are not back 'on schedule' until 6:30pm.
3. Night games usually begin at 7:15pm. Traffic starts to build between 5 and 5:30pm for Friday night games; a little later for other weeknight games.
4. Caltrains are packed with Giants fans coming in and leaving, so if possible, time your train travel on game days before or during game time!
5. Be patient and allow for added travel times (up to 30-40 minutes).
Click here for a downloadable map of the Post-Game Event Traffic Plan
do you have a copy of our current schedule?
Click here for a downloadable timetable.